Saturday, September 10, 2011

Animal Defenders International Lion Donation, WIP04

Hi All,

Here's another update on Simba!  As you can see I am moving right along.  I'm starting to get the background in on the right side as I go along.

So far I have used 100% colored pencils and it's done on Suede Mat board.  When I work in colored pencils I use several different brands.  Most of this is done in Prismacolor however; it does also have Derwent Studios, Derwent Colorsoft, Faber Castell Polychromos, Derwent Artist and I think that's about it.  If you're wondering why I use so many different brands.... it's because of color choice and also because the different pencils behave a bit differently and are better for some things.  As an example I really like Derwent Studios for fine fur, they are a harder pencil which makes it great for fine hair.  I have found I don't have any problem at all with mixing different brands of pencils.  They all seem to work fine with one another.

If you should have any questions don't hesitate to speak up and comments are also welcomed.  
Keep Scribbling!!
Gemma

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you will be keeping those Derwent Studio pencils handy as it seems there is a lot more fur to come. :-) Simba looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa... LOL!!! So true and thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete