Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Golden Retriever Named Reba - WIP 3


Hi All,

Here's another update of Reba. I'm very close to being done.

I'm continuing to use Prismacolor and Derwent Colorsoft pencils. What I do when drawing hair is I lay down the medium color first and then add the lighter and darker hairs on top of that. I continually play with the hair going back and forth with the light, medium and dark hairs until I get it looking the the way I want it. One thing with the Suede Board is the earlier layers are always a bit ugly. When working on Suede board, you need to hang in there with the drawing because it does go through ugly stages.

I tend to always draw a small patch to completion as I go. It's not necessary to draw that way on the suede board, it's just the way I do it. I work that way no matter what support I'm using.

As I have mentioned before, the suede board color is moccasin. If you should decide to try the suede board, be careful not to pick a color darker than moccasin, it would be difficult to cover if it were darker.

If you should have any questions at all, let me know.
Keep Scribbling!!
Gemma

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is looking so beautiful! You portray her personality so well!
    You can understand why this dog is best with kids! The kids I nanny have a Golden Retriever and takes such abuse from them and it's still a loving dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dianna!!! Goldens are great dogs, I know several of them and they are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks best dog brush for golden retriever puppy

    ReplyDelete