Friday, September 6, 2019

Mountain Lion, With Aspen Tree - WIP-02


Hi All,

Here's an update to the Mountain Lion with the Aspen Tree. I didn't like the background I had before so I added more blue to the whole background. I also finished the upper part of the Aspen Tree and added the Cougars two paws. I still need to refine the paws but for now this is what I have so far. 

For those of you who didn't see the previous post... I took the reference photo while I was in Montana in January of 2018. It was really cold but soooo worth the trip in the snow to get this photo of a life time. I just love it when I'm able to get that one shot that I had no idea I was going to be able to get. To me.... going out and taking the photos is just as much a part of total creation of the final artwork. I love, love, love, taking the photos, then examining all of them and then coming up with that composition which is unique and totally my own.

The final artwork will be 26" x 18", it's done on Clairfontaine Pastelmat Card and done with 100% Colored Pencils. I tend to use a variety of pencil brands both wax based and oil based pencils. I also like to use solvent to help blend and also brushing with a scrubber brush to blend. I then, like to use a ceramic utility knife to scratch out some of the lighter hairs. I haven't added the whiskers yet because I wait to do those at the end.

If you should have any questions or comments don't hesitate to speak up.
Don't forget to keep Scribbling!
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment