Thursday, January 2, 2020

Young Elephant and Older Sibling WIP-06

Work in Progress with Colored Pencils

Hi All,

I'm FINALLY feeling better after about 2 weeks of a really bad flu/cold, it really had me down for the count. We stayed home for both Christmas and New Years because I was feeling so bad. But.... I'm doing great now.

I was able to get more done on the baby elephant. Most of the face is done and I'm now working on his/her ear. 

This is the third piece of my "Save the Elephants" series and I still have a few more in mind to do, in the series, in the near future. The reference photo I used to create this piece, I took while I was in Botswana in an underground hide, along side a watering hole (pond). I took thousands of photos while on that trip, it really was a wonderful experience.

The info on the piece is as follows:
Title: They Love, They Play, They Mourn - Save Them
Medium: 100% Colored Pencil
Surface: Strathmore 500 Bristol Vellum
Size: 16" x 20"
Reference Photo: I took while in Botswana

If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to speak up.
Keep Scribbling
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment