Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Young Elephant and Older Sibling WIP-01


Work in Progress

This is a work in progress (WIP) of a pair of elephants, a baby and an older sibling. I took the reference photo, that I'm using, to create this artwork, while in Botswana. We were in an underground photographic hide so I was able to get some really cool photos at ground level. The hide was located right next to a waterhole, where you can photograph several different species but it is a favorite of the different herds of elephants on the Mashatu wildlife reserve. The photographic hide was the highlight of our trip!

I decided to create this piece on Strathmore
Reference Photo
500 Bristol Velum, so this is a whole new surface for me. So far I'm liking the surface but I have to say, I think I prefer the pastelmat, so... we shall see.


Title: "They Love, They Play, They Mourn - Save Them"
Medium: 100% Colored Pencil
Size: 16" x 20"
Reference Photo: My own photo, taken by me

If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to speak up.
Keep Scribbling!
Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment