Sunday, February 17, 2019

Alpha Pair - WIP05 - Wolves

Spirit Animals - The Alpha Pair


Hello All,

Here's the next update to my Alpha Pair drawing. It's going slow, because I have been soooo busy. Hopefully after this week I can spend a lot more time on it.

This piece is done with Colored Pencils on white, Clairefontaine Pastelmat and it's 20" x 16". It's created from a photo that I took while in Montana at Triple D Wildlife. This is just a portion of the entire piece, the composition when finished will look like the reference photo crop. An image of the reference photo is below.

This pair of wolves were the alpha pair of a pack of wolves I was photographing. I was so interested in the interaction between the two... it was so much fun watching them and photographing them.

I did decide on a title, I'm going to call it "Spirit Animals - The Alpha Pair". If you should have any questions or comments please let me know.

Don't forget to keep Scribbling!
Gemma







No comments:

Post a Comment