Thursday, May 10, 2012

Performing Animal Welfare Society Elephants - WIP

Performing Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) Elephants

Hello All,

I started a new piece using the photo to the left as my reference photo.  I took this picture of these Elephants at "Performing Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) where I do volunteer work.

It's really interesting how elephants find a life long friend and the elephants at the sanctuary are no different.  These two are always together, the are truly BFF's!  Therefore, I plan to call this piece "BFF (Best Friends Forever)".  I just started working on this piece so I really don't have enough at this time, to share.  It's going to be 100% Colored Pencil and is being done on Strathmore 400 Bristol Vellum, 4 Ply.  This is the first time I have tried working on this paper so we will see how I like it. The size is 16" x 24".

If you should have any questions or comments please let me know and don't forget..... Keep Scribbling!!

Gemma

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy!! I just love working around these elephants, I just hope I can give them justice in my drawing.

      Delete
  2. the foto is lovely. so Iam curios how you draw this.
    good luck.
    greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to seeing this one, perhaps you'll post the wip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Susie, I do plan on posting a wip. I have a small amount done now and hope to post the progress soon.

      Delete