Saturday, October 8, 2011

Update on Me!

I thought I should let you all know what's going on with me.  I recently hurt my back and have a pinched sciatic nerve.  I've been down with this for about a month... very painful!!!

I've been going to a Chiropractor but decided it was a good idea to go to my doctor as well.  My doctor requested some blood tests to make sure all is good there and she has given me some Motrin and mussel relaxers.

I am starting to feel better and I'm hoping to be back to normal soon.  I haven't been able to draw because it hurts to sit or stand for to long so..... as I get better I hope to be able to get back to the lion.

Thanks so much for following me and don't forget to keep scribbling!!
Gemma

7 comments:

  1. Oh Gemma, I'm sorry to hear that. I had one after the birth of my son 18 years ago. Yes they are very painful! I ended up going to physical therapy and they gave me daily exercises. I remember sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs to take the pressure off the spine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your predicament, Gemma. I really hope you'll feel better soon - I'm sending lots of good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have similar issues and was unable to do much art for the first half of this year. I still have treatments 3 times per week and exercises to do at home.

    It is very frustrating isn't it?

    Look forward to seeing progress on this magnificent lion soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue!! Yes it is frustrating... I have always been so active and now this. I just hate not being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it.

    I'm waiting to hear from my Doctor to see what my next step it.

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your back injury. I wish you a very speedy recovery. Hopefully the doctor will have some further treatment ideas. You are in my thoughts Gemma, best wishes and may rest, muscle relaxers and pain killers work their magic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Teresa!! Tomorrow I'm going in to do some Xrays. Hopefully we can figure out what is causing this. It's been a month now.

    ReplyDelete