Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sleeping Lion Cub WIP - 02 Silent Aution Piece

Hi All,

Here's an update of the piece I'm doing for the Colored Pencil Society of America silent auction.

There's not a whole lot to say about the piece.  It's done in 100% colored pencil on Ampersand's Pastelbord.

I'm close to being done so it looks like I will be finished with this piece in time.... Phew, LOL.  So far I'm happy with the piece.... of course I just love the subject matter, this little guy is so darn cute sleeping with one eye half open.  As usual I'm having a problem with coming up with a title, if any of you have a suggest it would be greatly appreciated.

If you should have any comments or questions just let me know and above all..... Keep Scribbling.

Cheers,
Gemma

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing artist. Your art takes my breath away. I'm becomming a huge fan of colored pencil paintings/drawings. I've been collecting all the prismacolors and some polychromos. Not sure where to start, but also a big fan of animals and wildlife. What paper would you recommend a beginner to start with. I'm, sure pastelboard uses the pencils up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind comment!

      When I first started I used Stonehenge paper, I also like Strathmore 400 Bristol vellum. However; I prefer the sanded surfaces or suede mat board because they allow you to add lighter colors on top of the darker colors.

      Gemma

      Delete