Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hiding Place - CPSA Silent Auction Donation


This Sunday I will be leaving for the Colored Pencil Society of America's 17th Annual Exhibition and Convention. I was invited to donate one of my small pieces of artwork for the Silent Auction.

The piece I am donating is this little raccoon, the title of the piece is "Hiding Place". It's 10" x 7" and matted to 11" x 14". It's 100% Colored Pencils done on UArt 800 grit. I mostly use Prismacolor pencils and Derwent Studio pencils. Some times I do use some of the other brands. I found that it really doesn't matter if you mix the oil based and wax based pencils. I haven't had a problem doing this. This was the first piece I did on the UArt sanded surface paper. I just love that paper and I am sure I will be doing many more of my Colored Pencil pieces on that surface. If you haven't used it yourself I highly recommend it.

The reference photo for this little guy was one that I took while I was in Kalispell, Montana. There were two raccoons, they were so cute so I got lots and lots of pictures of them. I'm sure I will do more art from those reference photos. I found it is always fun to do artwork from your own photos. It's a real sense of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment